The Flutter Directory Is Not A Clone of GitHub Project

I had downloaded Flutter from https://flutter.io/setup-windows/ (flutter_windows_v0.5.1-beta.zip)
in windows 10 and followed the guidelines, extracted the zip in C:\Users\M. Junaid and opened flutter-console.bat. I tried to run flutter doctor but got the following

Error: The Flutter directory is not a clone of the GitHub project.
The flutter tool requires Git in order to operate properly;
The to set up flutter, run the following command:
git clone -b beta https://github.com/flutter/flutter.git




Re-checked the dependencies Git and PowerShell which are correctly installed and path variable is also correct - C:\Users\M.Junaid\flutter\bin

I Tried These But Nothing Worked:


Tried to extract in different locations C:\flutter, in AppData etc.
Running flutter_console.bat as administrator.
cd flutter and then running the command


I solved this by using this command only

git clone -b beta https://github.com/flutter/flutter.git

make sure you have git installed.

After that try to open flutter_console.bat and type any flutter command to check whether it is installed properly or not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storage in React Native

React Native Duplicate resources

Implementation of a function object “power” operator in Raku