Flutter does not find android sdk

I just tried intalling flutter and since I already had android studio and the android sdk installed I just followed the installation of flutter. Here is my problem: When I run

flutter doctor


It tells me

[√] Flutter (Channel beta, v0.1.5, on Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.248], locale en-US)
• Flutter version 0.1.5 at C:\Users\Name\git\flutter
• Framework revision 3ea4d06340 (2 weeks ago), 2018-02-22 11:12:39 -0800
• Engine revision ead227f118
• Dart version 2.0.0-dev.28.0.flutter-0b4f01f759

[X] Android toolchain - develop for Android devices
X ANDROID_HOME = C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\Android
but Android SDK not found at this location.

[√] Android Studio (version 3.0)
• Android Studio at C:\Program Files\Android\Android Studio
• Java version OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_152-release-915-b01)


Which tells me that flutter is not finding my Android sdk (even though it is the path that android studio uses aswell - and android studio is working fine)

I already tried reinstalling the sdk but it did not work.

Im very thankful for any help with this.

I assume this is this known issue https://github.com/flutter/flutter/issues/13750

You need to fix the path to the SDK manually until this is fixed
in the file

my_flutter_project/android/local.properties


I have got following issue on Flutter Doctor command.

X Android SDK file not found: ..\Android\sdk\platforms\android-28\android.jar.

to fix this just go to Tools=> Android Sdk =>Update Sdk Platform for which issue is there.(I installed SDK 28).

check flutter document for this issue

So I finally solved this issue by deleting my whole android studio (with SDK and everything else) and then re - downloading Android Stuido and the SDK.

Deleting and reinstalling Android Studio fixes the issue with the SDK.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storage in React Native

React Native Duplicate resources

Implementation of a function object “power” operator in Raku